Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why are H2O Lights the best on the market?
H2o Lights offer features that no other Underwater LED light can match. We are the only manufacturer of high output LED lights that provides a microprocessor controlled Smartsense™ circuit to not only protect your lights but equally important, your battery. Each light has a three hour shut off timer, overheat sensor (in case inadvertently left on out of water), and an exclusive Low Voltage shutdown (protects battery from being drained beyond engine cranking ability).
2. Will H2O Lights put out as much light as other LED’s on the market?
This is the most ambiguous question in the underwater lighting industry. The true answer comes down to water clarity. H20 Lights are produced with the brightest and highest quality LED's available, manufactured by Philips Lumiled Corp. Our fifteen LED package provides 1780 Lumens of output.
3. Are H2O Lights easy to install?
Three small screw mounting holes and one 3/16” hole for the wire are all you need - three 316 stainless steel screws included.
5. Will an installed H2O light cause drag while running my boat?
No, not if they are correctly installed on the stern (3 ½ inches in Diameter and ¾ inches in height).
6. What size boat must I have in order to mount lights?
Due to the small unobtrusive size of H2o Lights they are perfect for any size boat or personal watercrafts.
7. Why is Marine Grade Borosilicate Glass used and not Polycarbonate for the lens?
Borosilicate Glass allows minimal scratching on the glass. Even if there is a slight indentation marine life will have a very difficult time adhering to the lens. It is the toughest marine grade glass available for marine use and will not discolor, crack or break while boating.
8. Why are Surface mount LED’s more efficient than Halogen or Xenon thru hulls?
LED lights last significantly longer, produce very little heat, and are much easier to install. Also, due to the low voltage, they draw very little current from the battery.